Sunday, January 30, 2011

My corneas are on strike.

As some of you may know i have recently become jobless, my choice of course. This decision has ended up leaving me extremely bored which has ended up forcing me into intense hours of web surfing. I'm talking really intense, when you've gone cross eyed and you get that burning sensation in your eyeballs. Probably not healthy for someone who is already as blind as a bat. 

There was one positive thing that did come out of all the hours of frying my brain cells, i somehow stumbled upon many blogs focused on nail art. It was weird i was so intrigued as i have never really been interested in my nails, especially intricate designs & applications that would usually involve going to a nail salon for hours. I think what appealed to me most, a lot of the techniques i used when i painted canvas i could use on my nails. Weird to compare two totally different things, but it's true. The reason i gave up painting was because of time constraints and the fact no one ever wanted to pay you for the amount work you put into each piece. It was so frustrating but with this new found love of nail art i can still express my creative side which really has been trying to escape for a long time.

After reading many tips and tricks i went out and bought the supplies i needed, tried a few techniques on my nails and ended up getting a lot of compliments on the results from friends and strangers. People keep asking me "HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?" so I decided why not start a blog that every one can see so i can share my experiences with others!

Anyways, enough rambling (there will be a lot more to come don't you worry). Here are two pictures of my first attempts at some nail designs. I am sorry these pictures are so awful, both were taken on my phone.


 First attempt at water marbling. I followed tutorials here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SimpleLittlePleasues. The videos are super easy to follow and the result is always a lot of fun. For the colors i used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Black Out" & L.A Colors Color Craze in Live and a deep hot pink.




Here i used Love & Beauty in "Unique" as the gold base coat and then when that was dry i did a dark glitter purple tip in L.A Girl "Dark Purple". I did not like how it looked so i created a fade down my nail using the tip of the polish brush like a sponge. I added a top coat of Wet n Wild "Kaleidoscope" and then stuck on small round loose glitter i bought at Michaels on the tips. It created a gradient effect with the glitter which is kind of hard to see in my awful picture.

After seeing so many awesome designs made by using nail stamp sets,  I ended up ordering a Konad stamping set off eBay, which arrived today! I am going to play around with that and hopefully come up with something worth showing off. =)

Thanks for reading everyone! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...